[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_custom_heading text=”Renewable Energy Links” font_container=”tag:h3|font_size:30|text_align:center|color:%23333333″ google_fonts=”font_family:Open%20Sans%3A300%2C300italic%2Cregular%2Citalic%2C600%2C600italic%2C700%2C700italic%2C800%2C800italic|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_custom_heading text=”Government” font_container=”tag:h5|font_size:25|text_align:left|color:%23333333″ google_fonts=”font_family:Open%20Sans%3A300%2C300italic%2Cregular%2Citalic%2C600%2C600italic%2C700%2C700italic%2C800%2C800italic|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text css_animation=”appear”]
- California Energy Commission (CEC)
The primary energy policy and planning agency for California.
- Consumer Energy CenterCalifornia Energy Commission (CEC)
Providing CA consumers information on renewable energy and fuel alternatives, as well as tips on energy conservation.
- DOE Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE)U.S. Department of Energy portal for information on renewable energy.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)The DOE’s principal U.S. laboratory for renewable energy research and development.
- SANDIA National LabsPV-specific site including good system and component level information from SANDIA’s Photovoltaic Systems Program.
- United Nations Energy & Environment ProgramThe UNDP helps countries strengthen their capacity to address environmental challenges at global, national and community levels. Associations, Institutes & Nonprofit Organizations
- Adobe AllianceA nonprofit group dedicated to helping communities apply cooperative building techniques in earth architecture.
- Alliance to Save Energy (ASE)Group promoting energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security.
- Alternative Energy Institute (AEI)A major information resource of wind energy for Texas.
- American Council for an EnergyEfficient Economy (ACEEE) Nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency as a means of promoting both economic prosperity and environmental protection.
- American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE)Non-profit organization in Washington D.C. focused on accelerating the adoption of renewable energy technologies into the mainstream of American society.
- American Hydrogen Association (AHA)Organization providing information on the use of hydrogen as a fuel.
- American Solar Energy Society (ASES)National organization dedicated to advancing the widespread use of solar energy.
- American Wind Energy Association (AWEA)National organization advocating the development of wind energy as a reliable, environmentally superior energy alternative.
- Arizona Solar Center (AZSC)Nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the use and utilization of solar energy.
- Boston Area Solar Energy Association (BASEA)Fostering the design and use of solar and sustainable energy technologies through education, advocacy and the demonstration of practical, cost effective techniques.
- British Wind Energy Association (BWEA)Promoting the use of wind power in and around the UK, both onshore and offshore.
- Buckminster Fuller Institute (BFI)nstitute committed to a successful and sustainable future for 100% of humanity.
- California Solar Center (CSC)Designed to be a prime source of information on solar energy activity in CA.
- Canadian Association for Renewable Energies (WeCARE)National Canadian association advocating the use of renewable energies.
- Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA)Nonprofit trade association promoting the appropriate development and application of wind energy in Canada.
- Center for Alternative Technology (CAT)European eco-center offering practical solutions to environmental problems.
- Center for Renewable Energy & Sustainable Technology (CREST)National organization supporting the advancement of renewable energy technology through policy research.
- Centro de Estudios de la Energ?a Solar (Censolar-Spain)Solar energy training center.
- Clean Power CampaignNonprofit organization of environmental and public interest groups, and renewable energy providers to promote increased electric system reliance on sustainable use of energy resources.
- Coalition for New Energy TechnologiesCoalition working at the federal and state levels to advance renewable energy and efficiency technologies in AZ, CO, NM, and UT.
- Colorado Strawbale Association
- Colorado Solar Energy Industries Association (COSEIA)Promotes the use of solar energy and conservation to improve the environment and create a sustainable future.
- Community Office for Resource Efficiency (CORE)Non-profit organization that promotes renewable energy and energy efficiency in western Colorado and beyond.
- Cooperative Community Energy (CCEnergy)A buyer’s cooperative providing quality renewable energy equipment and services.
- The Dharma HouseAn organization in the south of France that runs various courses in solar energy and ecology.
- Development Center for Appropriate Technology (DCAT)Center working to enhance the health of the planet by promoting a shift to sustainable construction and development through leadership, strategic relationships, and education.
- Earth Energy Society of Canada (EESC)Society incorporated to represent and promote earth energy technology as a viable economic and environmental option in Canada’s energy scenario.
- Ecological Building Network
- EcoNetOrganization bringing advanced communications technologies to grassroots organizations worldwide.
- Eco SoulHome of
the National Fuel Cell Education Program, focusing particularly on
renewable hydrogen and fuel cells.
- El Paso Solar Energy Association (EPSEA)Association providing practical information on solar energy and energy efficiency, focusing on issues relating to the US Southwest.
- Electric Auto Association (EAA)A
source of information on the current state of electric vehicle technology worldwide.
- Energy Efficient Building Association (EEBA)Association dedicated to helping transform the residential design, development and construction industries to profitably deliver energy efficiency and environmentally responsible buildings and
- Training resource website for safety and other useful topics
- Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC)Research institute of the University of Central Florida focused on renewable energy and energy efficiency research, training, testing, and certification.
- Future EnergiesU.K.
web log hosting articles and discussions on various energy related
- Geiger Research Institute of Sustainable BuildingPromoting natural building, and sustainable design and development through research, training, education and consulting services.
Green LAGroup of environmental programs run by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power committed to supporting and embracing environmental efforts towards a sustainable future.
- Hollowtop’s Sustainable Living SkillsProvides links and information on sustainable living skills.
- International Energy Foundation (IEF)Organization
to facilitate the transfer of research and technology in all areas
of energy with special emphasis on developing countries.
- International Solar Center BerlinGeneral information and links to international resources on renewable energy.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC)Council with a mission to accelerate the sustainable utilization of renewable energy sources and technologies in and through state and local government and community activities.
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA)Nonprofit
network for sharing ideas, resources, and information to promote a
sustainable future through renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Narrow Ridge Earth Literacy CenterOrganization with a mission to provide experiential learning of Earth Literacy based on the cornerstones of spirituality, sustainability and community.
- National Biodiesel Board (NBB)National trade association representing the biodiesel industry as the coordinating body for research and development in the U.S.
- New Mexico Solar Energy Association (NMSEA)An educational nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting solar energy and related sustainable practices.
- North Carolina Solar Center (NCSC)A clearinghouse for solar and other renewable energy programs, information, research, technical assistance, and training for the citizens of North Carolina and beyond.
- North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA)Association participating in creating a sustainable energy future in North Carolina through the promotion of renewable energy technologies.
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA)Leading regional membership organization focused on promoting the understanding, development, and adoption of renewable energy technologies.
- Oregon Solar Energy Industries Association (OSEIA)Dedicated to promoting the benefits of renewable energy and to developing a strong local renewable energy industry in Oregon.
- Potomac Region Solar Energy Association (PRSEA)Works to further the development, use of, and support for solar energy and related arts, sciences, and technologies.
REED program at Green Mountain CollegeGMC has partnered with SEI as a cutting-edge practitioner in the field of renewable energy and design/build.
- Renewable Fuels Association (RFA)National trade organization for the U.S. ethanol fuel industry.
- Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI)An
entrepreneurial nonprofit organization that fosters the efficient
and restorative use of natural, human and other capital to make
the world more secure, just, prosperous, and life sustaining.
- Rural Renewable Energy AllianceRREAL delivers solar heat to low-income families on public energy assistance, making solar energy accessible to people of all income levels.
- Socially Responsible.orgComprehensive internet directory to help socially responsible people and businesses network.
- Solar Cooking ArchiveCollection
of resources on solar cooking sponsored by Solar Cookers
- Solar Living Institute (SLI)Nonprofit educational organization that promotes sustainable living through inspirational environmental education.
- Sustainable SettingsAn
entrepreneurial non-profit organization that inspires people and
communities to embrace integrated solutions for sustainable
- Texas Solar Energy Society (TXSES)Group dedicated to increasing the awareness of the potential of solar and other renewable energy applications and to promote the wise
use of these sustainable resources.
- Veggie Van WebsiteOrganization
promoting and providing information on the use of biodiesel fuel,
with a mission to transform America into an energy independent
World Council for Renewable Energy (WCRE)Globally operated independent organization established to defend, develop,and promote policies in favor of the wise and prudent use all forms of natural and renewable energy.
- Worldwatch InstituteIndependent
research group for an environmentally sustainable and socially just society.
- Builders without BordersInternational network of ecological builders working together for a sustainable future.
- CubasolarA Cuban NGO promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- EnersolNonprofit charitable organization developing and introducing sustainable energy solutions for rural communities.
- Engineering for Developing Communities (EDC)University of Colorado program to educate globally responsible students who can offer sustainable and appropriate solutions to the endemic problems faced by developing communities worldwide.
- Engineers without BordersNonprofit organization established to help developing areas worldwide with their engineering needs, while involving and training a new kind of internationally responsible engineering student.
- Green EmpowermentNonprofit international development organization promoting community-based renewable energy projects internationally to generate social and environmental progress.
- Greenstar.orgSite delivering solar power, health, education, and environmental programs to small villages in the developing world.
- Grupo FenixA cooperative network of engineers and local community people who share a common passion for developing solar and renewable energy technologies in Nicaragua.
- Himalayan Light Foundation (HLF)NGO
working in Nepal to improve the quality of life in the Himalayan region via the use of environmentally friendly renewable energy technologies.
- Knightsbridge International (KBI)Not for Profit Corporation dedicated to providing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief worldwide without regard to race, religion or national origin.
Native EnergyOrganization committed to helping develop domestic renewable energy sources, featuring Native American projects.
- Palang ThaiThailand-based
non-profit organization dedicated to empowering grassroots communities and small entrepreneurs to use renewable energy in ways that support sustainable development and participatory democracy.
- Plenty InternationalA village-based international development agency promoting local self-sufficiency in economically disadvantaged or otherwise threatened communities.
- Rancho MastatalAn
environmental learning and sustainable living center, retreat and
lodge located in the last virgin rainforest of Costa Rica’s Puriscal County.
- Solar Electric Light Fund (SELF)Nonprofit charitable organization founded to promote, develop, and facilitate solar rural electrification and energy self-sufficiency in developing countries.
- Sustainable Nations Development ProjectPromotes the sovereignty, environmental health, and cultural health of Indigenous Nations through community-based appropriate technology development work.
- The Sustainable Village A “social enterprise” providing solutions to global problems using renewable energy and appropriate technology in developing countries.
- Village EarthAn organization that helps achieve sustainable community-based development by connecting communities with global resources.
- Village EarthAn organization that helps achieve sustainable community-based development by connecting communities with global resources.
Renewable Energy Events
RE Science Fairs and Competitions